Set the Search Screen to the Classic Look
When I first saw the default search pane in Windows XP, my instinct was to return it to its classic look; that puppy had to go. Of course, I later discovered that a doggie door is built into the applet. Click “Change preferences” then “Without an animated screen character.” If you’d rather give it a bare-bones “Windows 2000” look and feel, fire up your Registry editor and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer CabinetState.
You may need to create a new string value labeled “Use Search Asst” and set it to “no”.
- How to make Google Chrome use Microsoft Bing for Search
- No upgrade to Windows 7 for XP users
- Slow Shutdown
- Getting an Older Program to Run on Windows XP
- Enable Boot Defragment
- 20 things you didn’t know about Windows XP
- Ballmer Says He Loves Yahoo…
- Acer Aspire One D150 Launched in India
- Create a Password Reset Disk
- How to Convert FAT to NTFS file system